搜索
查看: 5965|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[其它] “自食苦果”怎么说

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2012-3-24 10:12:41 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Larry准备参加马拉松比赛,李华在帮他进行赛前训练。他们会用到两个常用语:on the dot和get a taste of one's own medicine。

LH: Larry,加油,就剩500米了!冲刺冲刺!

Larry: (Out of breath) How...did...I do?

LH: 成绩不错,但还是没进15分钟。

Larry: (Still a bit out of breath) Let me see that watch...Hey, this isn't above 15 minutes...this is 15 minutes on the dot!

LH: Dot? 点点?这个秒表是新的,上面什么都没有啊!

Larry: No, no. The watch is fine. I'm talking about the time. Look...it says 15:00. Exactly fifteen minutes...Fifteen minutes on the dot。

LH: 哦,on the dot就是“正好”的意思。你是说,你刚才的成绩是正好15分钟。可是Larry,我的意思是,你还是没有冲破15分这个关口。这样你下个月参加比赛时,名次是不会理想的!

Larry: I know, I know... wait a minute. Next month? I thought I had way more time to prepare than that!

LH: 啊?你忘啦?距离比赛还有整整一个月,30 days on the dot!

Larry: Well, at least I'm making progress...fifteen minutes is my best time so far. I think I'm done running for today。

LH: 好吧,那今天就练到这儿吧。天儿也够热的,今天是35 degrees on the dot,35度呢!

Larry: Well, when you're running, it feels more like 40 degrees on the dot!

LH: 不过回家前,你还得做30个仰卧起坐。

Larry: You sure are a strict coach...how do you know so much about training?

LH: (得意地)我高中是田径队的,教练特严格,我都是跟他学的!严师出高徒嘛!

Larry: Oh really?? (pauses for a moment as if hatching a plan) You know, Li Hua, there's a couple's race as well on race day. I think you and I should be a team!

LH: 双人跑?我也参加?那可不行,我整整10年没跑步了!10 years on the dot!

Larry: Hey, you've been making me run all over this track for the past week; I think it's only fair that you got to taste of your own medicine。

LH: 什么,taste of my own medicine? 我的药的味道?

Larry: Actually, you've been working me so hard, but now it's time for you to go through the same ordeal that you had put me through. In other words, you're getting a taste of your own medicine。

LH: 我明白了,get a taste of my own medicine就是自食苦果。你是说,这几天我逼你练得那么辛苦,现在你也要让我尝尝同样的滋味。

Larry: Right! Let's start early tomorrow...be here at 7 am on the dot. I can't wait to give you a taste of your own medicine!
2#
发表于 2012-3-24 17:52:59 | 只看该作者
一些好的方法,就靠平时的总结
3#
发表于 2012-3-25 01:33:15 | 只看该作者
呵呵,很不错的说,谢谢了
4#
发表于 2012-3-25 09:07:09 | 只看该作者
说的很对啊,就是这个样子
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 快速注册

本版积分规则

手机访问本页请
扫描左边二维码
         本网站声明
本网站所有内容为网友上传,若存在版权问题或是相关责任请联系站长!
站长联系QQ:7123767   myubbs.com
         站长微信:7123767
请扫描右边二维码
www.myubbs.com

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|23度空间 ( 12002442号-27 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 06:37 , Processed in 0.237966 second(s), 15 queries .